M, #44589, b. 27 February 1870, d. 20 November 1954
- Last Edited: 30 May 2021
- Monroe Schmeltz was born on 27 February 1870, Fearnot, Schuylkill County, PA.1
- He was the son of John Schmeltz and Hannah Cheste Schwalm.1
- Monroe Schmeltz married Emma Sevilla Herb, daughter of Isaac Herb and Saloma Heckert, circa 1893.1
- Monroe Schmeltz was employed by He was a carpenter.
- He died on 20 November 1954, Tremont, Schuylkill County, PA, at age 84.1,2
- He was buried on 24 November 1954, at Lutheran Church Cemetery, Valley View, Schuylkill County, PA.1,2
- Newspaper obituary:
DEATH CLAIMS FORMER VALLEY VIEW BUILDER
Monroe Schmeltz, 84, retired building contractor of Valley View, died Saturday evening at the home of his son-in-law and daughter. Mr. and Mrs. John Harner, Tremont.
Born in Hutoley Twp., Feb. 27, 1870, he was a son of the late John and Hannah Schwalm Schmeltz. He lived in the Valley View area until three years ago when he went to live at the Harner residence.
He was a member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Sacramento. He retired from business eight years ago. His wife, the former Emma Herb, died in 1903 . He is survived by three children: Mrs. John Schlegel, Mahanoy City; Mrs. John Harner, Tremont and Allen, Santa Ana, Calif; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren. He was the last member of his immediate family.
The funeral was held Wednesday morning from the Buffington Funeral Home at Valley View. Burial was made in Trinity Lutheran cemetery. Valley View. The Rev. D. I. Sultzbach officiated.
West Schuylkill Herald (Tower City, Pennsylvania), 26 Nov 1954, Fri, Page 1.3
Children of Monroe Schmeltz and Emma Sevilla Herb
- [S1135] Robert G. Fisher, History, Schmeltz Family, p. 273.
- [S1062] Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, Certificate Number :96726; Filed: November 22, 1954; https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll
- [S108] Newspaper Obituary, for Monroe Schmeltz, West Schuylkill Herald (Tower City, Pennsylvania), 26 Nov 1954, Fri, Page 1.
- [S1135] Robert G. Fisher, History, Schmeltz Family, p. 274.
M, #44600, b. 14 July 1807, d. 11 February 1873
- Last Edited: 4 Dec 2015
- Daniel Schmeltz was born on 14 July 1807, Lancaster, Lancaster County, PA.1,2
- He was the son of Andreas Schmeltz and Anna Maria Waller.
- Daniel Schmeltz was baptized on 20 August 1807 in Zion Lutheran (Klinger's) Church, Erdman, Dauphin County, PA.2
- He married Anna Maria Miller, daughter of Johannes W. Miller and Anna Maria (?), circa 1834.3
- Daniel Schmeltz died on 11 February 1873, Hubley Township, Schuylkill County, PA, at age 65.1,3
- He was buried.4
- He was buried at Zion Lutheran (Klinger's) Church Cemetery, Erdman, Dauphin County, PA.1
- Father*: Andreas Schmeltz b. 9 Jan 1750/51, d. 11 Dec 1834
- Mother*: Anna Maria Waller b. 2 Sep 1768, d. 26 Feb 1846
Children of Daniel Schmeltz and Anna Maria Miller
- John Schmeltz4
- Elizabeth Schmeltz5 b. 11 Jun 1839, d. 24 Mar 1862
- Anna Maria Schmeltz6 b. 23 May 1843, d. 27 Apr 1923
- Catherine Schmeltz+4 b. 17 Mar 1845, d. 26 Dec 1918
- Hannah Schmeltz7 b. 25 Jul 1852, d. 26 Mar 1922
- Daniel Schmeltz7 b. 4 Nov 1854, d. 28 Sep 1935
- Amos Schmeltz7 b. 14 Jun 1858, d. 28 Oct 1910
- [S78] Mary K. Klinger, Klingers from the Odenwald, p. 223.
- [S147] Irwin R. Klinger, Klinger's Church History, Part II, p. 26.
- [S1135] Robert G. Fisher, History, Schmeltz Family, p. 263.
- [S915] Elsie Klinger Eaves Family Database, February 2012.
- [S1135] Robert G. Fisher, History, Schmeltz Family, pp. 263 & 305.
- [S1135] Robert G. Fisher, History, Schmeltz Family, p. 304.
- [S1135] Robert G. Fisher, History, Schmeltz Family, pp. 263 & 306.
M, #44605, d. 2000
- Last Edited: 21 Oct 2015
- Charts: Descendants of Peter Klinger
- Clarence Schneck married Dora Harner, daughter of John Fremont Harner and Lillie Alberta Schmeltz.1
- Clarence Schneck died in 2000.1
- [S1138] Dora Harner Kohr Schneck Obituary, October 3, 2015.
Boyd Luther Wedde1
M, #44609, b. 29 November 1935, d. 26 May 2018
- Last Edited: 22 Jul 2019
- Charts: Descendants of Peter Klinger
- Boyd Luther Wedde was born on 29 November 1935, Barry Township, Schuylkill County, PA.2
- He was the son of Luther V. Wedde and Anna M. Hinkel.2
- Boyd Luther Wedde married Beverly N. Starr, daughter of Russell Woodrow Starr and Mabel Hanna Reiner, in 1956.1,3
- Boyd Luther Wedde died on 26 May 2018, Lehigh Valley Hospital East Norwegian Street, Pottsville, Schuylkill County, PA, at age 82.2
- Funeral home obituary:
Obituary for Boyd L. Wedde
Boyd L Wedde, age 82, of Providence Place, Pine Grove, formerly of Hegins, passed away Saturday, May 26, 2018 at Lehigh Valley Hospital E Norwegian Street, Pottsville.
He was born on Friday, November 29, 1935, in Barry Twp, a son of the late Luther V Wedde and the late Anna M Hinkel Wedde.
He was a 1953 graduate of the former Hegins Twp High School.
Boyd retired from Bethlehem Steel, Steelton.
He was a member of St. John's "Kimmel's" Church, Ashland.
His first wife Beverly N Starr Wedde passed away in 1979.
He is survived by his second wife Grace M Kembel Wedde, to whom he was married for 36 years.
He is also survived by a son Randall A Wedde of Carlisle; four daughters, Barbara S Huntsinger and her husband Darrell of Valley View, Rose M Huntzinger of Lititz, Molly A Masser of Annville, and Peggy A Snyder and her husband Russell of Elizabethville; six grandchildren; four great grandchildren; a brother, Harry Wedde of Ashland; two sisters, Annetta Troup and Margaret Mitchell both of Ashland; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held at the Buffington-Reed Funeral Home, Valley View, on Thursday, May 31, 2018, at 11:00 am, with Rev. Michael C Klahr officiating.
A viewing was held from 10:00 am to 11:00 am on Thursday at the funeral home.
Burial will be made in St. John's "Kimmel's" Cemetery, Ashland.
Memorial contributions can be made to American Diabetes Association, P.O. Box 11454, Alexandria, VA 22312.
Condolences can be left for the family at www.buffingtonreed.com.2
- He was buried at St. Johns United Church of Christ Cemetery, Ashland, Schuylkill County, PA.2
Children of Boyd Luther Wedde and Beverly N. Starr
- [S970] Www.ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey Church and Town Records, 1708-1985.
- [S1147] Online Obituary, for Boyd L. Wedde, Buffington-Reed Funeral Home, Valley View, PA; https://www.buffingtonreed.com/obituaries/Boyd-Wedde-2/#!/…
- [S108] Newspaper Obituary, for Beverly S. Wedde, The Daily Item (Sunbury, PA), 16 Apr 1979, Mon, Page 8.
- [S932] Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985, online www.ancestry.com.