M, #21, b. 16 September 1797, d. 22 July 1827
Last Edited=19 Jan 2021
- 1st cousin 5 times removed of Max Edwin Klinger
Alexander Klinger was born on 16 September 1797, Lykens Township, Dauphin County, PA.1,2 He was the son of Alexander Klinger and Magdalena Haag. Alexander Klinger was baptized on 29 October 1797, Zion (Klinger's) Church, Erdman, Lykens Township, Dauphin County, PA. He married Elizabeth Schwalm, daughter of Johannes Schwalm and Ottilia Bobb. Alexander Klinger died on 22 July 1827, Hubley Township, Schuylkill County, PA, at age 29; Mary Klinger's book, p. 352, recounts the following story: "Legend has it that Alexander, on his way to his father-in-law's homestead, which was east of his but on the other side of Pine Creek, crossed it at Steh Eck, which was a whirlpool, around the rocks, and after a thundershower, high water, and slipped and was sucked under and drowned. A Carell (Carl), a peddlar, retrieved the body. This was . . . just 2 months after his baby David S. was born and 2 months after his thirtieth birthday. The intervening years have changed the flow of the creek and pacified the sucking hole!"3,4 He was buried at Zion (Klinger's) Church, Erdman, Lykens Township, Dauphin County, PA; Tombstone reads: "Hier ruhet Alexander Klinger, sohn von Alexander Klinger, Er war geboren 16 ten Sept. 1797 am Ober Bergs Taunschip, Dauphin County; gestorben den 22 den Juli 1827; Ist alt worden 29 yahre, 10 monata und 6 tage."5
|Father*||Alexander Klinger b. 16 Feb 1767, d. 6 Apr 1839|
|Mother-Unk*||Magdalena Haag b. 1 Jan 1770, d. 1846|
Children of Alexander Klinger and Elizabeth Schwalm
- [S147] Irwin R. Klinger, Zion (Klinger's) Church History (Erdman, PA: Zion (Klinger's) Church, 1987), pt. II, p. 17 (baptismal record). Hereinafter cited as Klinger's Church History.
- [S78] Mary K. Klinger, Klingers from the Odenwald, Hesse, Germany (Baltimore, MD: Gateway Press, 1989), pp.336, 349. Hereinafter cited as Klingers from the Odenwald.
- [S78] Mary K. Klinger, Klingers from the Odenwald, Zion (Klinger's) Church History, Part II, Compiled by Irwin R. Klinger, p. 352.
- [S78] Mary K. Klinger, Klingers from the Odenwald, p. 352.
- [S147] Irwin R. Klinger, Klinger's Church History, part 2, p. 293.